Committees listed alphabetically. Click the committee name to open and close the description.
Business Impact / Government Relations
Meeting Time: 2nd Tuesday, 8:00 a.m.
The Business Impact Committee is an information sharing committee that meets on a monthly basis to explore issues, events and activities that have or could have an influence and impact on living, working, and even playing in the Alamogordo-Holloman AFB area. Such issues might include economic, political, social, educational issues or a combination of all. Each month a speaker is invited to share his or her area of expertise, and the information is presented in an informal, relaxed atmosphere. Such presentations often lead to related areas of discussion and committee action if required. Statistical information that might impact living and working in our area and the current calendar of events are also reviewed.
Its mission is also to provide support and networking opportunities to established and new businesses in Alamogordo through promotions, seminars, and special events.
Citizen of the Year
A recognition awarded to one individual who has made contributions to the Alamogordo community in all-around community and civic activities. That individual must have demonstrated leadership abilities as well as personal and business progress.
- Nominations are solicited from the community, Chamber members, civic organizations, and individuals.
- Nominations are not carried over from year to year.
- The Citizen of the Year is announced at the Annual Chamber of Commerce Banquet.
Chairperson: Rodney Eaton
Meeting time: Monthly Chamber Board meeting held on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 3:00 PM at the Chamber of Commerce.
Location: Alamogordo Chamber of Chamber or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom Meeting Link
Business Development Committee
Chairperson: Nick Paul
Business Development Subcommittees:
- Internal Business Development (Growth & support of current businesses)
- External Business Development (Establishing new businesses in the area)
- Workforce Advancement (Assisting future & current employees increase their job skills)
Chairperson: Dr. Jim Klump
Meeting Time: General Membership Meeting is the 1st Tuesday of the month
Location: Alamogordo Chamber of Commerce or email email@example.com for the Zoom Meeting Link
Provides unconditional Support for the missions at Holloman Air Force Base, White Sands Missile Range, and Fort Bliss. They are made of six permanent service teams: Education, Healthcare, Community Liaison, Land/Air Resources, Protocol and Quality of Life.
Chairperson: Barbara Mick
Chairperson: Trisha Roberts
Meeting Time: TBD
Location: Alamogordo Chamber of Commerce or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the Zoom Meeting Link
Our premier Chamber Committee, focusing on membership retention and growth by serving as liaison between potential, New and existing Chamber members and the Alamogordo Chamber of Commerce. Our STARS are comprised of three sub-committees such as Junior Stars, Community Relations, and Membership Sustainability:
- Highly informed of area happenings
- Building Sustainability for Chamber and Community
- Membership Campaigns twice a year
- Great business exposure
- Community Outreach opportunities
- Mentoring opportunities for area youth through Junior Star Program
- Quarterly recognition of top S.T.A.R.S
- S.T.A.R. of the year award
S.T.A.R.S. is an acronym for:
Support through Transparency and Engagement, Ambassadors striving to Retain and encourage Strong Member Relationships.