Alamogordo offers a comprehensive array of health care services including, but not limited to:
- 99 bed regional medical center
- Home Health Care and Hospice
- Outpatient Occupational and Physical Therapy
- Numerous pharmacies
- Oxygen & Home Medical Equipment suppliers
- Behavioral Health Services
- Chiropractic services
- Outpatient surgery center
- Urgent Care Clinics
- Dental & Orthodontic services
Gerald Regional Medical Center
Located at the base of the beautiful Sacramento Mountains, Gerald Champion Regional Medical Center (GCRMC) is the anchor of Alamogordo’s healthcare services. GCRMC is a 99 bed Det Norske Veritas accredited acute medical facility. Having served the citizens of Otero county and surrounding communities since 1949, GCRMC, a shared facility with Holloman Air Force Base since 1999, is now the largest non-government employer in Alamogordo with over 1,000 employees. The medical staff consists of 180 affiliated physicians and 80 active staff members practicing in the community.
Year after year GCRMC continues to expand its services.
- In 2015 GCRMC completed a joint venture with The Hospitals of Providence of El Paso, Texas to bring a 24/7 Cardiac Cath Lab to our community.
- As of January 2017, the GCRMC Cardiac Cath Lab has done over 1,000 procedures.
- Over the past few years, Diagnostic Imaging received a multi-million-dollar equipment upgrade to include: state of the art CT, PetCT, MRI, Cardiac Imaging, ultrasound equipment, and a new nuclear camera.
- The Fall of 2017 saw the opening of the Champion Urgent Care facility, a full service non-emergent care including X-Ray.
- In January 2019, GCRMC will launch a 38-month new construction project which includes a 3-story medical office building, and the expansion of both the Emergency Department and the Cancer Center.
Services include medical, dental, behavioral health, and education. No patient is denied services at Ben Archer Health Center due to an inability to pay. Coordination and educational services are offered to pregnant women, new patients, and individuals diagnosed with disabilities. Ben Archer Health Center has eleven locations and is in the communities of Alamogordo, Deming, Hatch, Truth or Consequences, Columbus, Radium Springs, Doña Ana County, and Las Cruces.
New Mexico Bone & Joint Institute
The New Mexico Bone & Joint Institute serves in Las Cruces, Ruidoso and Alamogordo. They provide service to those requiring orthopedic and pain management.